June Goals Wrap-up
Now that June is drawing to a close (can we all agree that June has absolutely flown by?!) I figured it’s time to do a bit of a check-in on the goals….
- Cut out dairy, grains and processed food (aka NO SUGAR) during the week. I think with the weekends, it’ll be nearly impossible to be successful at all of these during the weekend, but should be relatively successful during the week. So, healthy is is. This also means sangria and food trucking will occur only on weekend days. Similarly to the mid-month check in, this pretty much did not happen. At. All. But that’s okay. June was far busier that I could have imagined, so I went with it.
- EXERCISE. I certainly did NOT meet my weekly exercise goals from a few weeks back, and then I did NOTHING for an entire WEEK. Not good. At all. I’m going to aim for 5-6 days per week, with exceptions to be made for weddings and travel – however, I can still successfully exercise WHILE traveling Again, nopers. I think I ran…..once? Maybe. Oops. Since my half marathon clinic has started up again (of which I have yet to attend) there will be running (among others) in July!
- Continue not spending. Having my MasterCard expire at the end of April and not receiving a replacement meant my spending went WAY down. I want to continue this. Now, I will be purchasing 3 months unlimited yoga for the summer ($83/month instead of $140!) and buying tickets for Stampede events, but no clothes or shoes are needed! Aside from the luggage purchased (and 2 new pairs of glasses!) I think I did well here. Buying a house has been SUPER motivating to NOT spend money
- Post pictures on the blog at least once a week. I’m drawn to visual blogs that have pictures to tell the story, yet I totally fail here. I want to work towards making my blog cooler (ha!) so more pictures it is! Do you see any pictures on the blog?!
- ENJOY JUNE! So much of April and May were filled with stress and work and sickness that I really want to enjoy June. I want to have fun with The Cowboy and just really, enjoy it. We were ridiculously crazy busy in June, but so far, it’s been SUPER enjoyable.
- Follow my weekly plan. With all the weekends away, life is bound to get ridiculously crazy if I don’t make a plan. I’m also running at 10km race on June 23 AND July 8, so I NEED to get my ARSE out there running and to the gym. Following the plan should help this. THE PLAN SHALL BE FOLLOWED. Once again, NOPE. Not even a little bit. Oops. I also didn’t run the race. Eek.
So, June goals.
Kind of a failure, but in my mind, that’s also okay.
June was FAR busier than I could have imagined and although exercise fell off, it’s okay. It happens. I just have to get back on the wagon for July