April Goals Wrap-Up
Mid-May and I haven’t got around to posting about my April goals. Eek.
That probably tells you how the last half of April/first half of May went for me, doesn’t it?!
Instead of dragging this out any longer, let’s take a look at how well I did on my April goals…
- Re-vamp our monthly budget. We’ve been doing really, really well, but want to save more for vacations. We initially set up our budget a year ago, so it’s definitely time for a re-look. Done! And completed by the mid-month check-in, even!
- File our taxes! They’re due by April 30, so they’ll definitely be DONE by the end of this month! As predicted, done on April 21 before flying to Houston. I had to pay a buttload of money (grrr) but they were DONE!
- Clean and organize 1 room each weekend in April. The first 3 months of the year were pretty much disastrous, so I’m encouraged to clean, tidy and organize; heck maybe I’ll even blog it! This started out well, but then fell off. Being out of town for 2 weeks didn’t help things, but the condo IS cleaner than it was!
- Meal plan! No more dinners out! It’s time to budget and meal plan, this will help with goal #1 above AND with my fitness goals. Again, this went really well for 2 weeks until I went away, but there really wasn’t a whole lot I could do about it……
- Go on a spend hiatus. I tried no spend Lent, but given I don’t have the time to appropriately meal plan and grocery shop, it went out the window pretty quickly. I should be able to be more organized in April and save save save! Well, Houston affected this a bit, since The Cowboy and I did a bit of shopping, but I’m okay with it
- Wake up early to work on the business and the blog. Currently, my blogging is done in the evenings and I stay up WAY TOO LATE, so a few mornings a week, I want to wake up early and get caught up on everything business related. I’m sure you can tell by the lack of content on the blog that this didn’t go so well. At all. Again, I blame Houston
- Write out a blogging schedule for this blog AND the photo-blog. I like ad-hoc blogging, but having a semi-set schedule should make it easier in the mornings and to make sure I have quality content on each site on a regular basis. Uhm, see above? Everything went seemingly well for 3 weeks and then pretty much fell off the rails. Same with my entire life *sigh*
- Set aside some time to get sexy with The Cowboy. Ridiculous hours put sexy time on the back burner. NOT COOL. So it’s time to get our sexy back. This went well, but it certainly could be better
- Only drink booze on weekends. I didn’t drink a lot during the week during busy season, but I sure did indulge on vacation, so now it’s back to sparkling water with the SodaStream during the week and 1 or 2 fun drinks on weekends. Once again, good until Houston. Back on the wagon now!
- Home cooked meals. Sure, eating out is fun and relaxing, but we’ve definitely been eating out WAY too much. Even on weekends I’d like to make sure we’re planning and have healthy, yummy food on hand. Starting by cleaning out the fridge! Broken record here….
So, only 2 goals were 100% accomplished, but given work travel was pretty much out of my control, I’m rolling with it.
I’m working on some May/summer goals and will be revamping my fitness schedule/goals for the rest of the month since getting sick means I haven’t done a darn thing in nearly 2 weeks. Not good!