Posted by Ange | 1 Comment
As promised – a fitness post!
I weighed myself this morning.
I’ve never had a number in the 150′s before.
From the husband when I told him, “Now we’re both in the 150 club”
Not really a club I want to be a member of – especially not with him
And so, it’s back to calorie tracking and exercising like a crazy person. As much as I’m not a huge fan of calorie tracking (and no booze during the week!) I know this will be worth it.
And so, dear readers, you’re stuck with me posting about how well, or not well, I’m doing with my fitness goals.
To begin, my plan for the last few weeks of March
April is a bit more ambitious than March, I’ve changed it a bit since I initially posted it as I realized we had some events planned that I didn’t take into consideration when I planned – but things happen, and I’m going to try to fit in exercise where ever possible when things happen, as they surely will.
My plan is to try and lose 5 pounds in April and 5 pounds in May.
I’d like to lose 20 in total, but am starting with smaller, more realistic goals because I want to set myself up for success.Read More
Posted by Ange | 0 Comments
Starting with April, I’m splitting my goals into two sections, one of my “regular” goals and a second section dedicated to fitness. Since I made a 2012 fitness plan, I’ll be checking in with the plan at the beginning, middle and end of each month – similar with the goals, but splitting it into two posts to make it a bit more manageable.
Work has definitely slowed down in April (YAY!) and we don’t have a ton of commitments, save for getting some albums ordered for customers (YAY!) so I’m really hoping to use April to catch up and get ORGANIZED!
- Re-vamp our monthly budget. We’ve been doing really, really well, but want to save more for vacations. We initially set up our budget a year ago, so it’s definitely time for a re-look.
- File our taxes! They’re due by April 30, so they’ll definitely be DONE by the end of this month!
- Clean and organize 1 room each weekend in April. The first 3 months of the year were pretty much disastrous, so I’m encouraged to clean, tidy and organize; heck maybe I’ll even blog it!
- Meal plan! No more dinners out! It’s time to budget and meal plan, this will help with goal #1 above AND with my fitness goals.
- Go on a spend hiatus. I tried no spend Lent, but given I don’t have the time to appropriately meal plan and grocery shop, it went out the window pretty quickly. I should be able to be more organized in April and save save save!
- Wake up early to work on the business and the blog. Currently, my blogging is done in the evenings and I stay up WAY TOO LATE, so a few mornings a week, I want to wake up early and get caught up on everything business related.
- Write out a blogging schedule for this blog AND the photo-blog. I like ad-hoc blogging, but having a semi-set schedule should make it easier in the mornings and to make sure I have quality content on each site on a regular basis.
- Set aside some time to get sexy with The Cowboy. Ridiculous hours put sexy time on the back burner. NOT COOL. So it’s time to get our sexy back.
- Only drink booze on weekends. I didn’t drink a lot during the week during busy season, but I sure did indulge on vacation, so now it’s back to sparkling water with the SodaStream during the week and 1 or 2 fun drinks on weekends.
- Home cooked meals. Sure, eating out is fun and relaxing, but we’ve definitely been eating out WAY too much. Even on weekends I’d like to make sure we’re planning and have healthy, yummy food on hand. Starting by cleaning out the fridge!