Posted by Ange | 1 Comment
I’ve come to realize that Boxing Day is more of a Canadian celebration than North American.
In Britain, Canada, New Zealand and some states of Australia, Boxing Day is primarily known as a shopping holiday, much like the day after Thanksgiving in the United States. It is a time where shops have sales, often with dramatic price reductions. For many merchants, Boxing Day has become the day of the year with the greatest revenue
The Cowboy and I aren’t always around for Boxing Day, some years we’re in our home town and some years we’re somewhere tropical.
Since we’re around this year, I’ve decided to hit up some (hopefully) awesome Boxing Day sales.
In preparation for the day, The Cowboy and I are going to try to be at the mall at 8am when it opens (neither one of us are impressed by the early hour, but I think it’ll be worth it to beat the crowds!) with a list in hand. Shopping with a list is WAY better than wandering aimlessly around a crowded mall.
As of right now, here’s my list:
- Clairsonic from Sephora (I’m hoping it’s on sale!)
- Jeggings from Express (I have two $25 off if you spend $50 coupons on top of sale prices)
- Steam mop (to keep the allergies at bay with the kitty)
- New front closet doors (because the dang things broke)
- Goodies from Bath and Body Works (if I see anything I like)
- Present for The Cowboy (we used Airmiles to purchase replacement headphones for him)
I’m sure The Cowboy and I will end up doing a lap around the mall and picking up some other goodies (especially if Coach or Burberry have some good sales!) and then we plan to be home in time for the Canada vs. Finland hockey game that starts at 11:30