Posted by Ange | 6 Comments
New Sectional Sofa
This is from Gus Design Group and they focus on items that will fit in apartments/condos so it’s not huge in size. Right now our living area only has seating for 2, so we’re thinking a sectional is the perfect solution!
New Funky Chair
We aren’t sure if we’re going to go with this exact fabric. Our sofa will be the grey colour from above, and we have a white rug, white TV organizer (to be assembled) and possibly white coffee table (although my first pick is a oil painted cream, red and black coffee table), but we can custom design our fabric to whatever we please. We’ll likely be purchasing 2 of these, one for the living area and one for our office.
Dining Room Light
We’re currently undecided between these two lights. We currently have a boring standard pendant light in our dining area and since we’re updating our living area, I think it’s time for a cooler light. If we go with option 2 we may buy 3 of them and have 3 hanging lights over out table.
Living Room Lamp
Our living area does not have an overhead light, so it can get really, really dark. We bought an Ikea lamp a few years ago, but it doesn’t emit any light at all, so it’s time for an upgrade. We’re having a difficult time picking the perfect lamp, but these are the winners thus far.
Do you have any idea how many ugly lamps and pendant lights there are out there?! It took us forever to find something that we liked!
The Cowboy is installing my new desk today (pictures to come – of everything! once complete) and because I’m a cripple, I can’t just use our dining room chairs as my desk chair. We think this one goes perfectly with our white accent scheme and the red accents on my desk.
These are just a few of the items we’re going to be working on before Christmas as we update the condo.
The other items?
- Swapping our bedroom with our current spare bedroom
- Installing more storage in our new office room
- Purchasing a rug for the office room
- Converting out bed to a king sized bed
- New bed linens to go with our grey & yellow themed bedroom
- Chalkboard wall next to our fridge
- Completing our photowall in our dining area – first up? Choosing the pictures!
- Removing the fibreglass shower stall and tiling the walls
- Figure out how we can have a dog in our “no dogs allowed” condo because we both really, really want a dog!
We’re hoping to have everything done by Christmas…….busy weekends ahead!Read More
Posted by Ange | 0 Comments
What is it about Mondays that mean they must be less that stellar?!
Is it a universal conspiracy?
Here are a few things that are making my Monday a l’il bit less than stellar…
- My dress has a hole in it. In the bum. It’s a darn good thing I wore nylons today otherwise everyone would be looking at my underwear. I’ll be sure to remain in a seated position today. (Side note: is there anything more uncomfortable than having a stranger say “Your dress has a hole in the bum”?! I’m thankful she told me, but geeze!)
- My favourite horse died in a competition this weekend. I found out in the elevator TV. My heart is heavy over this.
- The office kitchen was out of mugs when I wanted to get myself a tea.
- I feel like I have 8 million things to do this week, but all I want to do it nap.
As you can see, it’s nothing earth shattering. Today is just a blah Monday.
Now I have to figure out how to work for 6 more hours without anyone seeing my underpants…Read More