Posted by Ange | 12 Comments
I very much failed in posting about Kelly’s last two weekly challenges, but I’m stepping up and posting the Week Five challenge. I’m also going to talk about an awesome blog award from the too cute Allie.
You can follow Kelly’s link above to read about the challenge, read the quotes to the side:
I thought I’d switch gears a bit this week. I’d like everyone to ‘pay it forward’ in some respect. With everything happening in Japan, people need our help more than ever. You can help by donating to theAmerican Red Cross as part of this challenge OR you can pay it forward in some way on your own. You can also donate to your organization of choice if you prefer.
I will be donating to Japan, I’m just not certain through which organization. I’m very cautious about which organizations I contribute to as I want the majority of my donation to go to the cause, not to the CEO (but that’s really a rant for another time). I will also be working on doing something for a family member; I may talk more about this later this week.
For those of you in Canada, you can text “REDCROSS” to 30333 to donate $5 to the Canadian Redcross.
Please, please consider doing something this week. Donate to Japan. Buy a friend coffee. Give someone a hug. We all need a little love in our lives and helping others can make you happy too.
The super adorable Allie, also stopped by to give me a blog award.
So, the “rules” of the award:
Wow, seven things about myself. I always feel so put on the spot when it comes to this, and I never know what to say.
- The Cowboy and I recently separated our money. I know, it sounds weird, that after being married for 5 years, we’d separate our money. It’s not quite as weird as it sounds. We both have different spending habits and felt like we had to fight the other person. So now we deposit money into one central account to pay the bills, put a certain amount into savings and RRSP’s and the rest is for us. It’s really no different than each person having a designated allowance at the end of each month, we’re just managing it differently.
- I think I’ve been bit by the baby bug. I have no clue how to tell The Cowboy this. Since we got married kids have been a maybe one day but we aren’t really sure kind of thing. Now I’m kinda certain I want one. Like, NOW. But, I know we have to sell the condo and build the house first. So – I’m not telling him yet, but I might one day. (Secretly, I hope it just kind of happens like SURPRISE! It probably won’t work that way)
- I really, really like getting mail. The Cowboy lost his mail key in the fall and I’m secretly glad that I’m the only one who can get the mail. Even if it’s not super exciting, I LOVE getting the mail. It’s extra awesome because we have all the cheques relates to The Cowboy’s business mailed to our home address so getting mail AND money is pretty fantastic. (I’m obviously exciting by the little things).
- I love going to bed early. LOVE IT. I’m so busy in the evenings with running and P90x and cleaning and cooking that I don’t normally have time to get everything done and crawl into bed at 8:30, but when I can I freaking love it. The Cowboy thinks it’s silly that I like to go to bed early, but there’s just something about being snuggled into bed early knowing I’m getting a nice long sleep that can’t be beat.
- I really don’t know what I want out of life. The Cowboy and I are obviously selling our condo to build a house on an acreage, but then we’ve also talked about moving and living outside of Canada for a few years. It’s all so confusing. I really do want to do it all, I’m just not sure how. The Cowboy has an amazing business here and it’s scary to consider selling it and moving. It would also likely delay #2. Maybe one day I’ll figure this out.
- I love looking at recipes online and cooking. I’m not a very good dinner cook, but anything that has to do with breakfast, dessert or appetizers I can handle. I’m currently dying to make these pancakes. They’re currently slotted in for Sunday March 27. (Yes, I also plan meals in advance, especially when its breakfast, I LOVE breakfast!)
- I was born with defective elbows. At least, I think they’re defective. When I was 9 I fell off the monkey bars and broke my right elbow. I had it set with an external pin. When I was 21 I slipped and fell on the ice and broke my left elbow. I had it set with pins and wires. Unfortunately, I don’t set off the metal detectors at airports.
And now, it’s my turn to pass along the award to 5 awesome bloggers!
- Tricia – because she keeps telling me to name my baby after her
- Curiosity – because I love her on the DoCo and I love her on her blog!
- Blondevixen – because I’m SO EXCITED to meet her in June and wander around Halifax taking pictures
- Lauren – because I love her style, tattoos and cat.
- Tova – because I’m so excited to meet her when she moves to Calgary!